WEST VIRGINIA CAR ACCIDENT INJURY LAWYERS
The West Virginia Car Accident Injury Lawyers at Slavey & Shumaker PLLC are known for aggressive settlement negotiations and diligent litigation. Call us today at (304) 212-5791 to schedule a free initial consultation.
It’s never easy to deal with the unexpected physical and emotional effects of a serious car crash. Making matters worse, car accident victims are often overwhelmed by debt due to steep medical bills and lost income. The West Virginia car accident attorneys at Slavey & Shumaker PLLC can alleviate that stress by answering your questions and helping you and your loved ones fight for the compensation you deserve.
Types of West Virginia Auto Accident Cases Our Car Accident Lawyers Handle
The best West Virginia car accident injury lawyers tend to be those who have successfully handled a variety of claims. Each case is unique, and it takes experience and finely tuned legal strategies to overcome the hurdles standing between accident victims and a fair settlement.
The personal injury lawyers at Slavey & Shumaker PLLC are seasoned litigators who assist clients in the following types of auto accident cases:
- Truck Accidents
- Coal Truck Accidents
- Oil and Gas Truck Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Pedestrian/Crosswalk Accidents
- City Transit/Bus Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.) Accidents
- Single-Vehicle and Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- Car Accidents with Serious Injuries
- Car Accidents with Wrongful Death
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Failure to Yield Accidents
- Accidents as a result of Mechanical Failure
- Accidents as a result of Roadway Hazards
Do I Have a Car Accident Claim?
In order to have a claim, it must be proven that the other driver owed you a duty of care and breached that duty of care. All motorists on West Virginia roads have a duty to drive safely and avoid reckless behaviors that would put you and others in danger.
Drivers breach the duty of care by:
- Drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Drive while distracted;
- Cross the center line;
- Make illegal turns;
- Fail to keep their vehicles safe;
- Break the speed limit; or
- Engage in any other type of illegal or reckless behaviors.
In an accident caused by a negligent driver, you have the right to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages you have suffered. However, even if it seems obvious that the other driver is liable for your damages, the insurance company may still dispute your claim or refuse to pay what you deserve. This is where the West Virginia car accident attorneys at Slavey & Shumaker PLLC are at their best.
The West Virginia car accident injury lawyers at Slavey & Shumaker PLLC know the strategies used by insurance companies and defendants in motor vehicle accident cases to reduce or deny liability for their negligence. Insurance adjusters often attempt to manipulate you into making a statement during a recorded telephone call. These statements can be used against you in an attempt to resolve your claim prior to a proper investigation of your full injuries and damages.
Why Do I Need a West Virginia Car Accident Injury Lawyer?
While you may want to put your car wreck behind you as soon as possible, you should never speak to the insurance adjuster without consulting an experienced West Virginia car accident injury lawyer.
The attorneys at Slavey & Shumaker PLLC are here to answer your questions and protect your interests throughout the insurance claims process. This includes handling correspondence with the insurance company and completing a detailed investigation into your case, securing evidence before it becomes unavailable, speaking to any eyewitnesses or persons familiar with your accident or injuries, and aggressively representing your interests during settlement negotiations and throughout a trial, if necessary.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
No attorney in West Virginia can guarantee a specific outcome for your case. A number of factors may determine whether your claim is successful and the amount of compensation you may recover.
These factors include:
- The cost of your medical bills;
- The cost of any future medical treatment you may require;
- Your time off from work and the amount of income you lost due to your injuries;
- Whether your injuries have impacted your ability to earn income in the future;
- Any modifications you have made to accommodate your injuries;
- The cost of repairing your vehicle and other property;
- Whether your injury caused permanent scarring, disability, or the loss of any bodily functions.
West Virginia’s Best Car Accident Injury Lawyers
Slavey & Shumaker PLLC handles automobile accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we get money for you. Our experienced trial attorneys will work to get you the compensation and peace of mind you deserve.
Your Case. Your Attorneys.